Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Five Simple Summer Time Meals




Some of my dear friends are going through wicked hot weather spells right now and have requested some easy, "little time in the kitchen over a hot stove" recipes.
I had to comply. These are my picks to get you out of the kitchen in no time flat and on to a great summer time meal~!

The lettuce wraps are fantastic and couldn't be simpler. Whether you choose to make them with turkey or lean ground beef, you won't be disappointed. The savory sauce is a cinch and makes this meal a hit any time of the year.
My much requested Pesto BLT'S are nothing more than regular mayo mixed with your favorite pesto but take the standard BLT "up a notch~!" See for yourself.
You don't need to have a picnic, or be camping, to enjoy our favorite Picnic Sandwich. But if you want to use that as an excuse to hit the open road, feel free, I won't tell.
About the Roasted Pepper Sandwiches--all I can say is this:
Hummus + Roasted Peppers + OroWheat Sandwich Thins = TRUE.LOVE.FOREVER.
Do you enjoy Reuben Sandwiches?? I do. And I find myself loving them equally well when made with turkey. Yes, for real.





LETTUCE WRAPS
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/06/robs-lettuce-wraps.html




PESTO BLT'S
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/08/blts-with-creamy-pesto-sauce.html




THE PICNIC DINNER SANDWICH
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/06/picnic-sandwich.html




ROASTED GARDEN PEPPER SANDWICHES
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/12/roasted-pepper-sandwiches.html




TURKEY REUBEN SANDWICHES
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/04/turkey-reubens.html