Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Back To School TEN



Although we personally haven't gone back to school, I know a lot of families that have. The early morning breakfasts, the lunch packing...it's not always easy to get back into the swing of things.
I've complied some of my favorite quickie breakfasts and a weeks worth of ideas for the lunchboxes. I hope it helps.


The breakfast parfaits are fun, light & good for you. With fresh fruit, yogurt and crushed graham crackers, your family will be begging you for this often. My goofballs love it served in big martini glasses~!
Boo Boo is my mom's name for "shit on a shingle". It's basically a cheesy white sauce chuck full of sliced ham. Served on toast it's my all-time favorite breakfast. Always has been!
The Cinnamon Bread is easy to make and perfect for a meal on the go.
Who doesn't love the Wesson Egg? I'll forever think of Mrs. Brady when I make these. For anyone born after 1977, a Wesson egg is pretty much a piece of bread with a hole in the middle, fried with an egg in it. Kids ADORE them!
Smoothies are a nutritious way to start your morning and couldn't be more delicious, who needs Jamba Juice~try these.

As for lunches, I have some tasty ideas that will please even the pickiest children. How about a ham & apple sandwich? Sound crazy? Think again, it's fantastic!
Turkey wraps are another great meal for the brown bag. Tortillas are a terrific alternative to regular bread--as are Kings Hawaiian Rolls--sandwiches take on a whole new flavor!
I love Sub Sandwiches, and my Sub Sandwich Salad is an ideal lunch. All the flavor of your favorite "grinder"--in a salad. Simple and wonderful. It's a staple here.
If you are a fan of Buffalo Chicken Wings, then you won't want to miss my wraps--in fact--make an extra one for yourself--why should kids have all the fun?




BREAKFAST PARFAITS:
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/04/parfaits.html




BOO BOO (a.k.a. SHIT ON A SHINGLE):
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/boo-boo.html




HOMEMADE CINNAMON BREAD:
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/cinnamon-bread.html




WESSON EGGS:
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/wesson-eggs.html




SMOOTHIES:
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/smoothies.html


-------

LUNCHES:



THE BROWN BAG THREE:
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-stuff-for-lunchbox.html




SUB SANDWICH SALAD:
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/sub-sandwich-salad.html



HOT WING WRAPS:
http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2009/04/hot-wings-wraps.html