Monday, July 19, 2010

Feta Chicken Bundles



We eat a lot of chicken, even more so in the summertime. I'm always looking to do something different, and yesterday I came up with this, it's much easier than your family or guests will ever imagine.... And I won't tell if you don't.

1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
3/4 cup flour
2 T. garlic salt
1/2 T. seasoned pepper
2 T. paprika
fresh basil -- about a cup
1/2 cup Feta Cheese -- I used tomato/basil feta--use more if you love it
2 T. butter, more if necessary



Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.

Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thick.



Mix flour, garlic salt, pepper & paprika together on a shallow plate.



On a flattened breast place some pieces of basil. Top with some cheese--as much or little as you'd like.



Roll up, tucking everything in as you go. Secure with toothpix as needed.

Dredge rolled bundles in seasoned flour mixture. Coating thoroughly.



Melt butter in skillet and brown flour coated bundles.



Until they look like this.



Mmmmm. But they're not cooked inside. The browning was just to give them a slightly crunchy coating.

Transfer the browned bundles onto a cooking sheet and bake them for about 25 minutes, slightly longer if very large.

You can slice larger bundles, showing off the pretty filing, or serve them whole.