Saturday, April 3, 2010

Making Pizza From Your Leftovers



I have a really hard time wasting food. I hate to. If I have a leftover I'm going to use it for something, rest assured. Earlier this week we had tacos and there were odds and ends leftover so I decided to make a pizza. The great thing about pizza is you can top it with almost anything and it's delicious. I had chicken, ripe olives, Queso cheese and some bacon leftover.
I buy the three packs of premade (unbaked) pizza crusts at COSTCO. They're cheap, really good and terrific to use in an instance like this.
I didn't use the enclosed "red" sauce, I spread pesto on mine this time instead.



Mmmm. From start to finish this took 15 minutes to make. Not bad when everyone is starving and the Lakers are about to start...

Spread the crust with pesto. I go lightly, I don't care for globby, oversauced pizza.



Sprinkle with cheese. Don't limit yourself to Mozzarella, most cheeses are fabulous on pizza and can add an interesting flavor.




Top with cubed chicken.



Then some ripe olives and chopped bacon.



And bake at 425 degrees for about 11 minutes. Viola~