
If not, you should try them. They make the simplest things look downright elegant. You can use them for a variety of desserts, but this recipe is a little different.
It's a creamed ham and artichoke filling. It's wonderful for brunch the day after Easter, or anytime you have leftover ham on hand.
No one will ever suspect how easy this is to prepare. And if you won't tell, I won't. Shhhh.
Enjoy!
Savory Puff Pastry Shells

6 frozen puff pastry shells, prepared according to the directions on the package*
8 oz. fresh mushrooms
6 Tablespoons butter, divided use
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon mustard (I like Grey Poupon)
2 cups milk
10 oz. shredded Swiss cheese (I have also used Cheddar)
Couple grinds of black pepper
3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 can (15 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and cut bite size
In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 T. butter until tender. Add remaining butter, when melted add the flour and mustard and stir until mixed. Add milk, bring to a boil, thicken and stir. Reduce heat to medium, add cheese and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Turn off heat.
Stir in ham and artichokes. Mix.
Remove tops from pastry shells and fill equally with ham mixture. Replace tops, if desired--or serve "topless". Enjoy!
*The shells can easily be prepared up to several hours in advance and filled just before serving.
And if you wonder why the tops of my pastries are reddish rimmed, I dipped the tops of the baked shells into paprika for color. Totally not necessary, but I'm always experimenting...