Monday, June 1, 2009

My Busy, Busy (Eating) Weekend

We had out-of-town company again this weekend, you'll see that is a recurring theme around here!! Whenever it happens, and I'm absent from the blog, just know that I am here cooking up a storm and eating myself into a frenzy.

This past weekend was no different.
We kicked off our celebrations with an Indian food party Friday night. I prepared homemade Chicken Tikka Masala, a spicy Lamb Vindaloo, Saag Paneer, Garlic Naan & Indian Rice. I could seriously eat Indian food three times a week!









Saturday we had a little Seafood Festival. We scored some big lobster tails and giant shrimp at Costco and made those with twice baked potatoes, filet Mignon, blackened Ahi tuna, balsamic sauteed mushrooms and Bearnaise sauce.







And then we had pie. We're crazy around here.

Fortunately, there was plenty of lobster leftover--so on Sunday I made a pasta dish that my family loves. It's al dente penne pasta in a tomato cream sauce with chunks of lobster and shreds of Parmesan cheese & fresh chives. So simple and so perfect~



I am in gastric overload but, as always, it was totally worth it!