Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spicy Oyster Ranch Crackers

You know how sometimes the very best recipes are the simplest? These spicy oyster crackers fit into that category.
They're just crackers tossed with oil, pepper flakes, and dry Ranch dressing mix. Seriously. I love them instead of popcorn, and I make mine even a little spicier than the recipe recommends.
Give them a try, I'm betting you'll like them. A LOT.



1 (16 ounce) package unsalted oyster crackers
1 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix

Place the crackers all into a 1 gallon size glass jar with a tight fitting lid. In a small bowl, stir together the canola oil, red pepper flakes, and ranch dressing mix. Pour over the crackers in the jar.
Close the lid tightly, and roll the jar every 5 minutes for about 1 hour to coat with the spice mixture. The longer these sit, the better they get!
Store tightly covered.