Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches



When I was a kid I always loved going to Dairy Queen for their massive "hanging out all over the bun edges" pork tenderloin sandwich.
Well, times have changed and apparently DQ no longer sells the coronary on a bun.
Boo Hiss Hiss.
Thank goodness, I discovered how easy it is to make at home.

Here's what I do:

1 lb. pork tenderloin, sliced into 1 inch thick slices
1 cup seasoned flour (flour + 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, 1 teaspoon garlic salt & 1 teaspoon pepper--mixed)
2 eggs, beaten lightly with a Tablespoon water
1 cup (or more) freshly ground bread crumbs
Oil or Butter flavored CRISCO for frying
Fresh buns
Mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato & pickle slices, optional


Pound pork slices to 1/8 inch thick between plastic wrap slices.
Dredge flattened slices thru seasoned flour, then the egg wash, and finally into the breadcrumbs. Press to coat. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.




Heat oil or CRISCO in a large skillet. (about 1/2 inch deep)

Fry about 2 minutes over medium heat.



Turn and continue to fry for about 2 minutes longer, taking care not to burn. Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, and keep warm while cooking remaining pork.



Prepare bun:

Spread bun halves with mayo & mustard.

Place lettuce leaves, tomato & pickle slices on it.

Add pork tenderloin and serve.