I don't even know where to begin to describe the birthday meal I had last week. We went to a fantastic, haunted restaurant called Captain's Anchorage in Big Bear, California.
It just so happened our annual ski trip coincided with my birthday, and that was fine by me.
But more importantly, lets focus on this steak, they call it THE ANCHOR, and I went for the big one.
THE ANCHOR
Anchor Aweigh (10 Oz.)
Lighter Anchor (6 Oz.)
~Charbroiled filet mignon stuffed with Dungeness Crab, topped with grilled
artichoke heart and fresh tomato, smothered in bernaise sauce.
Although the description clearly says 'stuffed with Dungeness crab', I certainly didn't expect and entire pound of it. The fresh artichoke heart had been quickly grilled, seared almost, before being blanketed in the creamiest bernaise sauce I've ever tasted. I'm going to try and recreate this meal again for our anniversary in May. Wish me luck~!
PS~ To those of you that are curious, yes, I really did eat it all.