

I was born and raised in Iowa, so when it comes to corn, I have a little bit of first-hand experience.
In fact, I'm pretty sure that I ate corn in one form or another daily, for my first 18 years of life. And I liked it, I still do.

My childhood mornings were filled with Corn Fritters floating in a sea of maple syrup, mmmm-- a favorite for life that I crave monthly.
Many people mistakenly believe that you should salt your water before boiling fresh corn, no no no~! In fact, the salt makes the corn tough. No salt until it's fully cooked.
The best method I've found for the sweetest, most tender corn is this:
Boil 2 parts water with 1 part milk. (example: 12 cups of water, 6 cups of milk)
Add 1 cup of sugar.
Add shucked corn when boiling. Return to boil.
Once boiling, cover and turn heat off.
Allow to sit at least 30 min.
Your corn will be tender, sweet and delicious. Guaranteed.