Saturday, May 8, 2010

Halibut for Everyone



Around here we all love halibut. The exception is, we all love our halibut seasoned differently. Fortunately, fish is something easy to customize for everyone.
I love it every way. But tonight I decided to glaze it with Mr. Yoshida's Cooking Sauce.



I love Mr. Yoshida, on anything. So I did that for Tom and I.





But our girlie likes it with Blackened Old Bay Seasoning and butter.





And our son likes it with just butter, salt & pepper.
And--well--Jade (the cat that thinks she's human) likes hers plain.

It all takes the same amount of time to cook, so like I said, it's super easy to please them all. I preheat my broiler until it's very hot, about 12 minutes on high with the rack set about 6 in. from the flame.

Season the fish as desired.

Broil for 5 minutes. Check if fish flakes and separates when pierced with a fork in the center. If not, add 1 min. and check again. Do not overcook, but repeat as necessary.



I like to serve fish with fresh sliced pineapple wedges, rice pilaf and Tom's favorite...cheesy broccoli. It's a perfect summer time meal.