He LOVES it. So I make it whenever he requests, like tonight. I bought a loaf of freshly baked French Bread and crumbed it in the food processor. They're so much better than the processed store-bought kind and very economical to make yourself, at home. I used some garden tomatoes and fresh mushrooms & garlic to make a simple sauce and it smells delicious (so I hear).
I also prefer to grate my own cheeses. I don't know exactly why, but it's better freshly ground. Try it. Taste test your people, it's true.
1 pound chicken breasts, flattened evenly to 1/4 inch thick
1/3 loaf French bread, pulsed in a food processor to fine crumbs- to equal 1 cup
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 egg, mixed with a tablespoon water
2 to 3 Tablespoons oil, as needed
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
SAUCE:
1 pound garden tomatoes, pulsed in a food processor until chunky
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 cup of freshly sliced mushrooms
~In a medium sized sauce pan mix the ingredients and cook over medium low heat stirring often until everything is saucy and warmed.
Here's what I do, it's easy.
Mix together the crumbs and cheese in a shallow plate.
Mix together the egg & water in another shallow plate.
Meanwhile heat oil 1 T. at a time in a skillet.
Dip chicken into egg mixture then into crumb mixture pressing the crumbs into the breast firmly.
Repeat to coat them all.
Fry breasts, two at a time, in oil on medium heat until golden brown turning once--cooking about 8 minutes total.
Place into baking dish.
Make sauce. Pour 1/2 cup or so sauce over each partially cooked breast in dish.
Equally divide cheese and top each breast with an equal amount.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 23 minutes.
Serve over hot, buttered pasta.