We're having some of our favorite people over tomorrow for a pool day and then dinner. It's a totally casual thing, but I want to serve something special.
I decided we'll grill some steaks, saute some mushrooms and I'll make roasted mixed potatoes with fresh rosemary from my garden.
One thing I've learned is it's much cheaper to cut your own steaks at home.
Even at COSTCO, where you can get fabulous deals on everything--a package of 4 filet mignons was priced at $31.24. I'd need 2 packages which is over $60 for the steaks alone.
However, a 5 and a half pound whole beef loin tenderloin was $43. The whole tenderloin easily slices into at least 10 filets--saving $17 in the process.
I love to spoil my family and friends and by saving money here and there, honestly--I can afford to do it more often!
Not sure what to make for dessert yet....I still have chocolate souflle on the mind...