Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just For The Halibut



My family has demanded a new ritual, steamed clams once a week. I'm happy to oblige as I love clams too.



This time I served them as an appetizer, preceding halibut with sauteed mushrooms and brown rice. Not a bite leftover I'm thrilled to report.





1 to 1-1/2 pounds fresh halibut
2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
2 Tablespoons butter + 1 to 2 Tablespoons more butter to top cooked fish

Mix together Old Bay Seasoning & pepper. Pat onto fish covering completely on one side only.
Meanwhile heat a large skillet until hot, but not smoking.
Reduce heat to Medium high.

Add butter and allow it to melt & sizzle. Add fish, seasoned side down, and cook for about 8 minutes, 10 minutes if the fish is more than 1 inch thick in the center.
Turn carefully and cook for 2 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork at thickest part. Remove from heat as soon as it's fully cooked.
Top fish with small pat of butter and allow to melt on top.