Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mini Chile Rellano Casserole

I am a little chile crazy. I love all peppers, hot, sweet, whatever! I am especially fond of chile rellanos. The traditional way to make them is more time consuming, but I've managed to find a short cut method that tastes just great! Check it out...



8 ounces diced green chiles, drained and patted dry
1 cup frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
5 scallions, white parts only, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1-1/2 cups milk
6 large egg whites
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Coat eight 6-ounce heatproof ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
Equally divide green chiles, corn and scallions among the ramekins. Top each with cheese. Whisk milk, egg whites, eggs and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the ramekins.
Bake the mini casseroles until the tops begin to brown and the eggs are set, about 25minutes.