Monday, April 6, 2009

Easy Desserts To Go

Whenever I go somewhere, I like to take a plate or tray of goodies along. You'd be shocked at how excited office workers get when you bring them a tray of snacks to your next appointment. I live in L.A...I'm not above a bribe to get an appointment when I need one. I also like to spoil the hard workers at our elementary school.

Here are some simple things I made last week for Open House at my son's Kindergarten class.




On the left are Cheesecake Squares which are actually just Graham Crackers spread with cream cheese frosting* and topped with a strawberry slice.

*Cream Cheese frosting is an 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese whipped with 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract & a dash of cream or milk.

On the right are mini brownie muffins, made with a Duncan Hines Moist mix and I simply frosted some of them with the leftover cream cheese frosting.

Mini-muffin paper liners are perfect for holding a dozen mixed nuts, for a diet friendly snack. Also, I never overcrowd my trays, I would rather refill them a dozen times than crowd my snacks together! LOL Pet peeve.