Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bourbon Pork Tenderloin

I love pork tenderloin. It's so moist, and tender, not to mention flavorful. This recipe is the easiest thing ever to do with your next pork loin. I use Jack Daniels in mine, but any bourbon you have on hand should be fine, and don't worry, it's perfectly fine for kids, the alcohol cooks off during the hour it roasts, leaving behind only wonderful flavor. This meal is especially delicious served with whipped potatoes and buttered green beans. Ooooh, I can almost taste this now...



1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup bourbon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, halved
3 pound pork tenderloin


Mix together soy sauce, bourbon, brown sugar, and garlic. Pour over pork, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, up to 24 hrs., turning occasionally.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove pork from marinade, and place on rack of shallow roasting pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F.