This sauce is a fabulous addition to any grilled steak, chicken or pork. Tom's Aunt Shelley taught me to make it when she visited us last month. I've already made it a few times since then, I'm hooked and I think you will be too.
This will make enough for 5, however, it's easy to double using a deeper, larger skillet.
- 1 package (8 oz) fresh mushrooms
- 2 T. butter
- 1 tsp. Better Than Boulion (beef flavor)
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 small airline-bottle size BRANDY
- 1 small container of heavy whipping cream (lunchroom size)
- Lots of freshly ground peppercorns (do not substitue)
- Kosher salt to taste (omit salt if meat you're serving this on is already salt-seasoned enough)
In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter, boulion base & garlic until tender. Turn up heat to HIGH, and add brandy all at once, stirring constantly until the brandy is absorbed.
Using a peppermill, grind lots and lots of peppercorns on top of the mushrooms. Lower heat and add cream. Stir until it's a thick, creamy, gravy-like consistency. Add salt if necessary and serve over grilled meat. Enjoy!